Template travel information for staff web pages
This toolkit offers an easy-to-use template for you to populate and upload on to your staff web pages. The information below has been written so that all you need to do is add your site specific information – the sections in italics are for you to amend. This information is intended for your staff pages – see our toolkit for a separate version for visitors and customers.
This toolkit offers information on:
By including travel information on your staff web pages you are providing easily accessible travel information for staff which increases awareness of travel options and assists in promoting sustainable modes of travel.
[Enter name of organisation] is committed to sustainability, including how we all travel. The information provided on these pages is to help you make a choice about how you get to work and encourage you to benefit from sustainable travel choices. Traveling more sustainably can save you money, keep you healthy, reduce carbon emissions and traffic congestion, and enable you to ‘do your bit for Cheshire East’.
[Do you have a travel plan? If so, give details here.]
Did you know?
- Seven out of ten women and six out of ten men do not undertake enough regular exercise to achieve health benefits.
- The British Heart Foundation recommends participating in a minimum of 30 minutes of moderate exercise at least five times a week
- Regular cyclists can be as fit as someone ten years younger and expect to live two years longer than non-cyclists.
- Cyclists breathe in less pollution from traffic than car drivers!
- Walking one mile can burn up at least 100kcal.
- Walking two miles a day, three times a week, can help reduce weight by one pound every three weeks.
- Find out how much money, weight and CO2 emissions you could save by cycling at https://www.travelsomerset.co.uk/travel-change-calculator/
The information below will assist you with your choices, or alternatively, you can use Traveline journey planner or similar mobile apps.
Where are we? Our address is: [Enter your full address]
[Include a map where possible, highlighting the location of your travel facilities – e.g. bus stop, cycle parking, car sharing bays etc. You may also wish to include a link to live traffic information, such as www.trafficengland.com]
Travel options: [each of these sections should hyperlink to new pages about each mode]
- Cycling and walking – [Include details of routes, maps (Download cycle maps from www.travelcheshire.co.uk or plan a cycling route using Cycle Streets website who also have a mobile app), Cyclescheme, training opportunities, pool bikes, cycle parking, lockers, showers, drying rooms, buddy schemes etc…]
- Cycle training – Adult cycle confidence sessions are available in your area to help you ride for work or leisure. See: Everybody Sports for more information.
- Public transport travel – [Include details of nearby bus stops & train stations, timetables, maps, journey planners, subsidised ticket deals etc…]
- Park & Ride – [Include details of timetables of any nearby services etc.]
- Motorcycling – [Include details of motorcycle parking bays, showers, lockers, drying rooms etc…]
- Carshare – schemes such as Liftshare.com [highlight any car sharing groups within your organisation]
- Eco Driving – make modest changes to your driving and adopt a more efficient style to use less fuel on every journey made, save money, reduce CO2 emissions and be a safer driver. See http://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/fuels-environment/drive-smart for tips
- Driving – [Include details of your car parking system – car free days, charging scheme etc.]
- Flexible working – [Do staff need to travel at all? Include details of teleconferencing, videoconferencing or flexible working opportunities, such as working from home]
- Travel for work – [Include details of any Health & Safety guidance relating to business travel]
- Travel claims – [Include details of how staff can claim for travel costs and the rates for different modes]
- Contact details for further information
For more information on questions relating to travel, contact [enter details of relevant person – where possible, a Travel Champion].